Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Averebele ( Beans) Jathre…

Jathre meaning festival, this one was special as it revolves around Beans and all the possible food items with core ingredient as “Averebele”.

Averebele is split dried Indian beans / avarekalu / Cow beans. It is such a delicacy back home that during winters (when the vegetable is in season) the vegetable finds its way into practically everything that comes out of the kitchen and celebrated in a focused food festival at famous food street at VV Puram… More photos here..

5 comments:

Travelingjoan Tue Jan 12, 06:48:00 PM GMT+5:30  

A delicious tour!

Leif Hagen Tue Jan 12, 08:45:00 PM GMT+5:30  

I'd try one! I bet they are spicy, right? Delicious photo!

RNSANE Tue Jan 12, 10:13:00 PM GMT+5:30  

I love beans in any way, form, or fashion - being a girl, originally from GA. These look delicious!

SouthvilleSunshine Wed Jan 13, 12:17:00 AM GMT+5:30  

mmmmm that looks really tasty, I haven't heard of those beans before.

Oakland Daily Photo Wed Jan 13, 06:30:00 AM GMT+5:30  

I looked at all the photos you posted of this festival. I especially liked the lively quality they convey, wishing I could be there in the warm night air. The beans look a little like lentils. What do they taste like?