Sunday, September 27, 2009

Ayudh Pooja..

The Ayudha (tools) Puja is a worship of whatever implements one may use in one's livelihood. On the preceding evening, it is traditional to place these implements on an altar to the Divine. If one can make a conscious effort to see the divine in the tools and objects one uses each day, it will help one to see one's work as an offering to God. It will also help one to maintain constant remembrance of the divine. In India it is customary for one to prostrate before the tools one will use before starting one's work each day; this is an expression of gratitude to God for helping one to fulfill one's duties.

4 comments:

RNSANE Sun Sep 27, 12:12:00 PM GMT+5:30  

Rajesh, these sentiments are so incredible and beautiful. Indeed, if all of us could embrace our work with that kind of attitude, life could be so much better. I think, because of the nature of my work, I did spend some time in a prayerful mode at the start of every day - or every case - and asked for guidance. Sometimes, I admit, though, I did not embrace every day!

Gunn Sun Sep 27, 12:25:00 PM GMT+5:30  

To me this is quite a unique photograph. ( Nice blog)

Travelingjoan Sun Sep 27, 10:26:00 PM GMT+5:30  

Interesting. I wonder- if just a picture of the tool used to help the person would be do-able?

Unknown Mon Sep 28, 01:16:00 PM GMT+5:30  

Thanks...keeps me going!!