Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Bring back that Smile!!

Bored with the large crowd in Kanteerava on this week end driving ladies of the family to Women's expo, both me and my son freaked out on this delicacy ... the Candy floss!!
I recollected my childhood days to run after the candy floss man who used to carry small balls in a glass container and all kids just used to flock around him Laughing,having fun, eating some...Buying the candy floss again took me back in time to bring back that Smile!! When have you had one recently??

Crossposted on Metblogs...

5 comments:

Viola Thu Sep 06, 01:30:00 AM GMT+5:30  

It's been more than 10 years that I didn't buy the candy floss. Its flavor still attracts me.
Every time when I try to buy it, I feel I am not that child as I was.
so...

david mcmahon Thu Sep 06, 04:29:00 PM GMT+5:30  

Hi Rajesh,

That sure took me back in time, to my own childhood in India.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm so glad I followed the link and check out your site.

Great work. Do keep in touch.

Cheers

David

Anonymous Fri Sep 07, 09:31:00 AM GMT+5:30  

Nice picture. Candy Floss?? Interesting. Never heard that for the 20+ years I lived in B'lore. As kids, it was always Cotton Candy for us.

Unknown Sun Sep 09, 12:18:00 AM GMT+5:30  

In 1951 too, when I went to Bangalore first, this was a favorite. We used to call it 'cotton candy'. There were couple of chaps opposite Imperial Theatre selling them.

• Eliane • Mon Sep 10, 09:09:00 AM GMT+5:30  

I have not had that in years. It is so synonymus of fancy-fairs and merry-go-rounds. It has a funny name in French: we call it "barbe à Papa" (Daddy's beard).