Thursday, March 01, 2007

Gulab Jamun @ MTR

For avarage indian this delicacy is unique, and MTR with their mastery over the south indian food add more magic into them!! I tried the same with my few metblogger friends and was a fun time!!
Gulab jamun (gul-aab jaa-mun) is a popular Indian sweet dish comprised of fried dough (made of condensed milk solid and very little flour) in a sugar syrup flavoured with cardamom seeds and rosewater or saffron. It may have originated from eastern India (Orissa and Bengal).
here is the recipe for those who wish to try this at home...

3 comments:

Prashanth M Thu Mar 01, 05:41:00 PM GMT+5:30  

slurpp... nice shot!!

R.A. Levin Fri Mar 02, 10:05:00 AM GMT+5:30  

Yummmm! :) :) :)
Thanks for the link as well, Rajesh!
Great recipe for veg Tikka Masala that I will have to try.
In the meantime, my Baingan Bharta is cooking away in the kitchen. My favourite dish, but I seriously need to branch out!

-robert

Anu Mon Mar 26, 02:38:00 PM GMT+5:30  

Read my post on Food street...and please go there if you have not already. It is the most amazing food place I discovered yeasterday.

-Anu