Sunday, August 20, 2006

Cycle rickshaw


A cycle rickshaw, also known as a pedicab, velotaxi, or trishaw, is a human-powered vehicle for hire, usually with one or two seats for carrying passengers in addition to the driver. Though Cycle rickshaws are widely used for transportation in many parts of India, where they have largely replaced less-efficient hand-pulled rickshaws that required the driver to walk or run while pulling the vehicle.

In Bangalore it is yet unique and not that widely used, the one's I saw are being used to carry goods and sometimes people... More >>

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Unknown Sun Aug 20, 10:41:00 AM GMT+5:30  

Remind me of 'Becak' from my home country. Nice shot!

Monsieur Pain d'épices Sun Aug 20, 02:46:00 PM GMT+5:30  

un moyen de transport au top...
merci pour la recette je vais la produire chez moi...

Irredento Urbanita Sun Aug 20, 10:04:00 PM GMT+5:30  

Yeah, people is so creative to invent a business. Here in my country we have taxi-cholos, with motorbikes.

Greetings from Perú

Annie Mon Aug 21, 07:01:00 AM GMT+5:30  

I've seen these in pictures before, and I think it is much preferable than walking or running. I wonder how much money a driver earns? I hope it's enough to make a good living.

Unknown Thu Aug 24, 08:58:00 PM GMT+5:30  

thanks...

Annie> the "driver" makes $8-10 a day...in here some guys survive a month in less than $20. Creative isn't it?